The Pivot Park ecosystem helps ambitious entrepreneurs mitigate some of the risks inherent in drug discovery and R&D. It can also ensure they get the support they need to accelerate their growth. By connecting organisations, we accelerate the development of pharmaceutical innovation to the benefit of the companies and people who work here.
In addition to being a centre for pharma knowledge, Pivot Park is also part of the life sciences, agri-food processing and logistics axis in and around the city of Oss. This provides an exceptional network of industry, research, academic and professional training organisations to support your business. Oss is also part of the wider knowledge network in the province of North Brabant.
Pivot Park’s Open Access Laboratories is an infrastructure facility based on the five “islands of automation” concept. The labs provide drug discovery services for assay development, ultra-High-Throughput Screening and hit-2-lead testing to find novel leads for drug development.
Employing Orca robotic systems and Biomek liquid handlers, the labs streamline plate preparation, the creation of serial dilutions, testing of assay panels for selectivity, HTS and other processes. Tenants and guests are welcome to use the lab’s systems and advanced instrumentation to automate their workflows or as part of their research projects. Experts are available for training, to offer advice and for troubleshooting.
A number of companies at Pivot Park offer their technology breakthroughs as platforms that can be used to develop multiple treatments based on a single technology.
The Pivot Park Screening Centre offers ultra-High-Throughput Screening (uHTS) and lab automation services to accelerate drug discovery programmes. The system comprises three robot pods connected by a conveyer belt system. It further includes an online compound store with capacity for 2.5 million samples, ECHO acoustic dispensers for contact-free dispensing and a wide range of instruments to perform fully automated biochemical and cellular assays in 1536 or 384 well format. The uHTS routinely measures over 200,000 data samples per day.
BioConnection and Ardena offer contract services and GMP manufacturing for the development and production of sterile and non-sterile pharmaceutical drug products. The Pivot Park facility is EMA and FDA certified and is ideal for small to medium batch sizes for both clinical trial material and commercial product supply.
Pivot Park has a number of tenants who, taken together, provide a wide range of analytical and entrepreneurial services on site. These include lab services, regulatory consultants, patent
advisors, commercial law services and knowledge-sharing stimulators. This makes attending appointments easy and helps you to bounce ideas off people and learn from each other informally.
RK was built in 1994 as a dedicated office building with a cellular office layout. It was recently upgraded to qualify as an energy efficient building.
RK labs was built in 1994 as a dedicated chemistry lab with some supporting offices. The chemistry lab has since been converted into a biolab and the building was recently upgraded to energy efficient status.
RX was built in 2000 as a chemistry and analytical lab. It has a separate wing of supporting offices. The chemistry labs have since been converted into biolabs. It was recently upgraded to make it an energy efficient building.
RY was built in 2004 as a pharmaceutical pilot plant for medicine production under GMP. Today, it is a state-of-the-art fill and finish plant with lyophilizing capacity.
RG was built in 1999 as a chemical pilot plant for API production under GMP. Today, it is a state-of-the-art chemistry plant with nano particle capability.
RE 02 was built around 1970 as a pharmacolgy and biology lab with supporting offices. The building is end-of-life and will be demolished.
RE 600 was built in 1938 as a pharmacology building. It has been upgraded a number of times since then and now houses the Screening Centre, which includes robot-operated equipment and other sophisticated technology.
RI was built in 1995 as a library with suporting offices. Today, the ground floor is home to the campus restaurant and meeting rooms. The first floor is a combination of open plan and cellular offices.
RA is the newest building at Pivot Park and the second BENG building on the site. Its eight floors include a terrace and multiple shared spaces. Approximately 30% of the building is office space with the remaining 70% housing biological , analytical and chemical laboratories, including ML1 and ML2 laboratories.