Citryll is a young and dynamic company, with R&D labs at the Pivot Park in Oss, The Netherlands. Citryll is taking a new approach to treat human diseases including autoimmune diseases like Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), and non-autoimmune conditions by specifically extinguishing the source of autoantigens and cause of organ damage instead of broadly suppressing the acquired chronic inflammation.
Neutrophil extracellular traps (NETs), are part of the innate immune defense mechanisms but become pathogenic when their release is abundant and uncontrolled. Citryll’s lead tACPA (therapeutic anti-citrullinated protein antibody) CIT-013 program interferes with NET formation, function, and clearance downstream of the protein citrullination pathway. Inhibition of NET formation reduces the exposure of autoantigens and toxic histones to the extracellular environment, leading to a decrease of proinflammatory mediators and protection of endothelial lining and organ tissue.
Clinical development candidate CIT-013 is being developed towards a proof of concept phase 1b clinical study om SLE which is scheduled to enter clinical development in healthy volonteers in the summer of 2021. In Oss Citryll conducts various R&D elements of the CIT-013 program. This includes mechanism of action studies, research on new therapeutic applications, bioanalytical assay development, non-interventional clinical studies including pharmacological and bioanalytical studies on patient blood samples.
Your role As (Senior) Technician you will work in a small team of scientists and senior technicians, and participate in:
• Development and validation of cellular, immunochemical and biochemical assays
• Pharmacological in vitro mode-of-action studies with CIT-013 and patient blood samples
• Troubleshooting with respect to method development and initiation of improvements
• Supporting general laboratory activities
• Presentation of experimental results and writing of development reports
• Full-time positions only (40 hours per week)
Competencies, qualifications & skills
• BSc (HBO) or MSc (WO) degree in life sciences or related discipline
• Actual work experience in a biotech or pharma company is preferred, minimum of 1 year
• Experience with assay development of cellular and immunological techniques like ELISA, flow cytometry and immunofluorescence microscopy
• Experience with blood processing, mammalian cell culture
• Proven excellent technical writing and oral communication skills in English
• You are an accurate, flexible, quality-minded person that shows initiative and is able to work collaboratively and across functions
• You like to work in the environment of a dynamic young biotech company where quality, speed, motivation, team spirit and results are of the utmost importance to be successful
• You are or will be allowed to work in the EU
• Applicants without a permit to work in the EU or NL will not be considered
We offer a competitive salary and benefits according to biotech industry standards.
Please send your CV and a short motivation letter via our contact form. Also, you can use this form for informal enquiries about this vacancy before applying.
Your personal information including your email address and CV will be kept on file during the hiring procedure but will be permanently deleted from our systems at the latest after 2 months of receiving it, which is in accordance which our privacy statement policy.