Acerta Pharma in Oss, the European Haematology R&D centre of the AstraZeneca group is looking for a strong Technician Discovery Assays. This is a great opportunity for you to bring your biochemical and assay experience to our BioScience Team, dedicated to cancer target discovery and small molecule drug discovery.
This is your chance to learn a lot from your colleagues and to grow! Working at Acerta Pharma also means working with other research teams in the global AstraZeneca Group. We are growing and we are in the process of building a new research centre in Pivot Park with state-of-the-art laboratories for more than 120 researchers.
We work together as one team across sites to reach our goal of being at the forefront of developing the next generation of haematological cancer therapies. Do you want to be part of developing and advancing new discovery projects?
“We follow the science” , “We are entrepreneurial” and “We put patients first”.
Do our core values appeal to you?
If so, please read on, we are looking for a strong
Technician Discovery Assays
Pivot Park, Oss, the Netherlands
Fulltime (40 hours)
As a Technician in our growing BioScience team you support our Design-Make-Test-Analyse cycle by being responsible for the development and execution of biochemical and cellular assays.
Next to working with local biologist and medicinal chemists, you will also collaborate with colleagues from AstraZeneca’s Haematology and Early Oncology R&D groups in Cambridge (UK) and Boston (US).
The new colleague is of great importance to the successful expansion of the discovery activities at the Oss location.
What will you be doing?
- You develop, design and conduct plate-based assays for testing the
biochemical and/or cellular potency of small molecules as part of the screening cascade in lead generation and lead optimisation projects or as part of target validation activities.
- You plan and execute experiments together with your colleagues in the Screening team.
- You process and analyse data and you prepare data reports.
- You participate in integrated drug discovery activities by interacting with scientists from different disciplines, from Acerta Pharma and AstraZeneca.
- You ensure accurate and well-organised laboratory data and you maintain an electronic lab journal in accordance with Acerta Pharma’s quality management system.
- You identify and know how to communicate internally about issues and experiments.
What do we ask of you?
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Sciences, Life Sciences (HLO) or a related study.
- At least 3 years of work experience in a pharmaceutical, academic research and/or development laboratory.
- You have experience in performing microtiter plate-based biochemical and phenotypic assays and are acquainted with a variety of plate-reader technologies, including fluorescence (polarisation), homogeneous time-resolved fluorescence (HTRF), luminescence, AlphaScreen and possibly flow-cytometric analyses.
- You have experience with data processing, analysis and archiving.
- You have a basic knowledge of enzymology and cell biology. Cell-culture skills are a benefit.
- The ability to critically evaluate experimental design and results is a benefit.
- Competencies: you adhere to high standards regarding quality, safety and environmental compatibility, you take pride in working with great precision and in generating robust assay data, and you are a reliable and professional team player with good communications skills.
- Excellent command of the English language.
What can we offer you?
- A dynamic, innovative, international working environment, where you can be part of the development of the new medicines that can make a difference to patients’ lives.
- The opportunity to work in a dedicated team, in which you can learn a lot from each other and in which the colleagues are very supportive of each other. The team spirit is very good!
- Good salary and secondary benefits including 8% holiday allowance, 25 holidays on a fulltime basis. Additional: office closure between X-mas and New Year + Good Friday. Collective pension with a fixed percentage personal contribution, bonus scheme. Vitality of our colleagues is important to us, which is why you can exercise at a discount or make use of our bicycle plan. A year contract with the intention to extend it to a permanent contract.
The culture is informal, with a good team spirit and a willingness to share and learn from each other. At Acerta Pharma we are all working towards the same goal! The atmosphere in the BioScience department (at present 25 employees and growing to 40 this year) is healthy, supportive and constructive. We strongly adhere to the AstraZeneca ethics guidelines concerning diversity, respect and ability to speak up.
Our international headquarters is located at the Pivot Park in Oss, the Netherlands, and will grow from 80 to 120 employees by the end of this year. We are working to develop new treatment options for patients with specific types of blood cancer. Together with our colleagues of AstraZeneca in Gaithersburg, San Francisco, Boston (US), Gothenburg (SE) and Cambridge (UK) we are committed to innovative drug discovery and development in the field of haematological oncology.
Acerta Pharma has received approval from both the US (FDA) and the European Regulator (EMA) for its small molecule BTK inhibitor for the treatment of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL). In addition, AstraZeneca and Acerta Pharma are collaborating on a large number of other innovative medicines to treat haematological malignant diseases.
How to apply
We would like to receive your resume (Curriculum vitae) and cover letter in English. For this, go to the apply button at the bottom of this vacancy. You can upload the documents at the bottom of the second page.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, our Recruitment team (Karin Raadschelders, Caroline van Oppen, Maaike Willems) can be reached via email@example.com or on +31(0)85 – 047 0244.
Acquisition by recruitment and selection agencies is not appreciated.