Acerta Pharma in Oss, the Netherlands, is a European R&D centre of the AstraZeneca group dedicated to the discovery and development of novel innovative drugs for the treatment of haematological malignancies. As part of the significant expansion of our research activities in the Netherlands, we are in the process of building a new research centre in Pivot Park with state-of-the-art research laboratories with room for more than 140 researchers.
We currently have a job opening for a Senior Scientist BioScience to join our team, currently existing of 30+ researchers. Working in our lab with our dedicated team, you will discover and develop novel small molecule based therapies for haematological cancers.
You will be part of a growing team of innovative scientists who make a difference in patient’s lives. The atmosphere is informal, with a good team spirit and the willingness to share knowledge & experience. We all work for the same goal!
The team is looking forward to welcoming you!
Senior Scientist Molecular Biology
Pivot Park, Oss, the Netherlands
Fulltime (40 hours)
As Senior Scientist Biology (Senior Technician) you will support research, conducted in our BioScience Department, and act as a mentor for the more junior colleagues. In addition you will be collaborating with colleagues from AstraZeneca’s Haematology and Early Oncology R&D groups in Cambridge (UK) and Boston (US). In addition:
- you plan and execute experiments under the supervision of a group leader.
- you develop, design and conduct experiments and methods to help to build technical capabilities and to conduct research that aims to find leads for the development of new medicines within the field of haematological oncology. As such, you will be able to search and develop relevant technical procedures and contribute to assay development.
- you participate in integrated drug discovery activities by interacting with scientists from different disciplines, both from Acerta Pharma and other international AstraZeneca departments elsewhere.
- you participate in data analysis and are accurate in the collection and description of experimental data and archiving data using our electronic lab journal system in keeping with Acerta Pharma’s quality management system.
- you identify and know how to communicate internally about issues, experiments and experimental approach.
What do you bring?
You have experience in a broad portfolio of molecular biological techniques including lentiviral transgenesis and CRISPR technology based screens. Having additional experiences in cellular assays including 2D and 3D cell culture methodologies spheroid or organoid development, flow cytometry and cell sorting is a pre. In addition you:
- are critical on the quality of your work and of others, and as senior team-player with good communications skills you are an leading example and mentor/trainer in our organisation.
- have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biomedical Sciences, Life Sciences (HLO) or related study.
- have 10+ years of experience in a pharmaceutical or academic laboratory research.
- have outstanding knowledge in molecular biological techniques including lentiviral transgenesis and CRISPR-based methodologies.
- experience in cellular assays including 2D and 3D cell culture methodologies spheroid or organoid development, various protein identification assays, flow cytometry and cell sorting is preferred.
- excellent command of English.
What we offer you:
- A dynamic, innovative and international working environment.
- You are part of the development process of new drugs that can make a difference in the lives of cancer patients and their loved ones.
- The opportunity to further develop yourself.
- Good primary & secondary benefits including 8% holiday allowance, 25 holidays on a full-time basis plus office closure between X-mas and New Year + Good Friday.
- Collective pension with a fixed percentage personal contribution.
- Bonus scheme.
- Personal budget which can be used for vitality, home office equipment, sustainability or personal development.
- Access to internal training and learning and development offerings.
- We offer a good relocation package (including support for an application to the tax authorities for the 30% tax ruling).
- We offer an expat program, including a language course and the opportunity to learn more about the Dutch culture.
The culture is informal, with a high team spirit and a willingness to share and learn from each other.
The atmosphere in the BioScience department is supportive and constructive, and we closely collaborate with researchers from other international departments in AstraZeneca. Belonging to the AstraZeneca group, we strongly adhere to the AstraZeneca ethics guidelines concerning diversity, respect and ability to speak up.
Acerta Pharma is located at the Pivot Park in Oss, the Netherlands, currently 100 employees but will be further expanded over the next few years. Together with our colleagues of AstraZeneca in Gaithersburg, San Francisco, Boston (US), Gothenburg (SE) and Cambridge (UK) we are committed to innovative drug discovery and development in the field of haematological oncology.
Acerta Pharma has received approval from both the US (FDA) and the European Regulator (EMA) for its small molecule BTK inhibitor, for the treatment of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL). In addition, AstraZeneca and Acerta Pharma are collaborating on a large number of other innovative medicines to treat haematological malignant diseases.
How to apply:
If you have any questions about this vacancy, our Recruitment team (Karin Raadschelders, Caroline van Oppen, Maaike Willems) can be reached via email@example.com or on +31(0)85 – 047 0244.
Acquisition by recruitment and selection agencies is not appreciated.