Acerta Pharma in Oss, the Netherlands, is a European R&D centre of the AstraZeneca group and is looking for two experienced Haematology-Oncology experts. We need your expertise to strengthen our Discovery Science in the Haemato-oncology and to take our projects to the next level.
With your expertise in the field of haemato-oncology you will design and interpret studies for the selection and validation of novel therapeutic drug targets for the treatment of haematological malignancies.
As part of the significant expansion of our research activities in the Netherlands, we are in the process of building a new research centre at Pivot Park in Oss, with state-of-the-art research laboratories, due to open in Q1 2024.
Senior Postdoc Haematology
Oss, The Netherlands
As a Senior Postdoc you will design, perform and interpret studies for the selection and validation of new drug targets. In cooperation with medicinal chemists and clinical experts, you will identify, validate and optimise new drug candidates as future treatment of haematological tumors. In this role you are an important contribution to the BioScience team of Acerta Pharma. You will team up with project leaders and senior scientists, bioinformaticians and technicians of both the BioScience and Chemistry teams in Oss, as well as with researchers from our Global AstraZeneca research facilities in the US and UK.
What will you be doing?
- You will conduct research in a vibrant team and work towards the identification and validation of novel drug targets.
- You will make an essential contribution to the design and implementation of the Discovery strategy at Acerta Pharma, a R&D partner of the AstraZeneca Group.
- You are involved in coordinating external research programmes within Acerta Pharma/AstraZeneca with academic institutions.
- Your entrepreneurial attitude and know-how will help to achieve Acerta Pharma’s research goal to implement novel findings and compounds into clinical practice.
What do you bring?
- A PhD in Biology or Biomedical Sciences, with an outstanding track record with publications and obtained grants (must have)
- Minimum of 3 years post-doctoral experience in the area of haemato-oncology (preference), or at least within oncology (must have)
- Indepth knowledge of, and hands-on experience of research in the fundamental biology of human lymphoma and/or leukemia.
- Profound knowledge of oncogenic mechanisms, or aberrant signal transduction pathways, with a strong ability to recognize new trends in the field.
- Experience with preclinical disease models for oncology is a preference.
- You are ambitious and have the drive to develop and progress within our company.
What can we offer you?
- A dynamic, innovative and international working environment. You are part of the development process of new drugs that can make a difference in the lives of cancer patients and their loved ones.
- The opportunity to further develop yourself, for example, into a position offering even more responsibility. International growth (within AstraZeneca) is also one of the possibilities.
- Good primary & secondary benefits including 8% holiday allowance, 25 holidays on a full-time basis plus office closure between X-mas and New Year + Good Friday.
- Collective pension with a fixed percentage personal contribution.
- Bonus scheme.
- Personal budget which can be used for vitality, home office equipment, sustainability or personal development.
- Access to internal training and learning and development offerings.
- For expat candidates we offer a good relocation package (including support for an application to the tax authorities for the 30% tax ruling).
- For our expat colleagues we also offer an expat program, including a language course and the opportunity to learn more about the Dutch culture.
Acerta Pharma is located at the Pivot Park in Oss, the Netherlands, currently 100 employees but will be further expanded over the next few years. Together with our colleagues of AstraZeneca in Gaithersburg, San Francisco, Boston (US), Gothenburg (SE) and Cambridge (UK) we are committed to innovative drug discovery and development in the field of haematological oncology.
Acerta Pharma has received approval from both the US (FDA) and the European Regulator (EMA) for its small molecule BTK inhibitor, for the treatment of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL). In addition, AstraZeneca and Acerta Pharma are collaborating on a large number of other innovative medicines to treat haematological malignant diseases.
How to apply:
We would like to receive your resume (curriculum vitae) in English. For this, go to the apply button at the bottom of this vacancy. You can upload the documents at the bottom of the second page. If you have any questions about this vacancy, our Recruitment team (Karin Raadschelders, Caroline van Oppen, Maaike Willems) can be reached via firstname.lastname@example.org or on +31(0)85 – 047 0244. Acquisition by recruitment and selection agencies is not appreciated.