To strengthen and to expand our Medicinal Chemistry Department at Acerta Pharma in Oss we are looking for 5 creative (Associate) Scientists Chemistry.
You will work in the lab and you will help to discover and develop novel small molecule based therapies for haematological cancers.
Acerta Pharma in Oss, the Netherlands, is a European R&D center of the AstraZeneca group dedicated to the discovery and development of novel innovative drugs for the treatment of haematological malignancies. As part of the significant expansion of our research activities in the Netherlands, we are in the process of building a new research center in Pivot Park with state-of-the-art research laboratories for more than 120 researchers.
You will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to finding new life-saving medicines in haematology/oncology! We all have one goal, to make an important contribution to the quality of the life of patients!
Are you eager to learn, pick things up quickly and are you proactive?
As an (Associate) Scientist Chemistry you will work with your colleagues in the chemistry team on further development of Acerta’s oncology portfolio. You will work on the organic synthesis and analysis of new molecules, contributing to the progress of our projects towards clinical development. Together with your colleagues, you ensure that the laboratory remains optimally operational and safe. And importantly: you enjoy carrying out this work on a daily basis!
What will you be doing?
- Your main task is to synthesize new bioactive substances, using organic chemistry techniques. In doing so, you also think of new synthetic routes to get to the desired molecules.
- You take an active part in chemistry and project meetings and present your work during these meetings.
- You will take part in research activities in the field of drug discovery by collaborating with and learning from fellow-scientists from different disciplines.
- You will assist in solving routine and non-routine technical problems, such as maintaining equipment in the lab.
What do you bring?
- Completed HLO study (Hoger Laboratorium Onderwijs), HBO-Chemistry (Bachelor level) or Master Chemistry with organic chemistry as a specialism (or equivalent).
- Practical experience with organic chemistry, ideally one or more years (multistep synthesis of substances). Experience with medicinal chemistry in the pharmaceutical industry is an advantage.
- Experience with various analysis and purification techniques (NMR, LC-MS, TLC, prep. HPLC/SFC, prep. column chromatographies).
- Fluent in English, speaking and writing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Additional attributes: team player, enthusiasm for chemistry, eager to learn, able to pick things up quickly, work accurately and neatly, pro-active.
- The ideal candidate is already living in the Netherlands or already has set plans to move to the Netherlands within daily travel distance to our offices in Oss.
What do we offer you?
- A dynamic, innovative and international working environment. You will be part of the development of new medicines that can make a difference in patient’s lives.
- The opportunity to work in a small, close-knit team, with a good working atmosphere.
- The possibility to work together with colleagues from chemistry departments in the UK and US from AstraZeneca.
- Good salary and good secondary benefits including 8% holiday allowance, 25 holidays on a full-time basis. Collective pension with a fixed percentage personal contribution, bonus scheme, laptop. Vitality of our colleagues is important to us, which is why you can exercise at a discount or make use of our bicycle plan.
- We offer you a one-year contract with the intention of extending this to a permanent contract after one year.
You will be part of a growing team of medicinal chemists who can make a difference in patient’s lives. The atmosphere is informal, with a good team spirit and the willingness to share knowledge/experience. We all work for the same goal!
Our international headquarters is located at the Pivot Park in Oss, the Netherlands, and will grow from 80 to 120 employees by the end of this year. We are working to develop new treatment options for patients with specific types of blood cancer. Together with our colleagues of AstraZeneca in Gaithersburg, San Francisco, Boston (US), Gothenburg (SE) and Cambridge (UK) we are committed to innovative drug discovery and development, especially in the field of haematological oncology.
Acerta Pharma has received approval from both the US (FDA) and the European Regulator (EMA) for its small molecule BTK inhibitor, for the treatment of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL). In addition, AstraZeneca and Acerta Pharma are collaborating on a large number of other innovative medicines to treat haematological malignant diseases.
How to apply:
We would like to receive your English CV. Click here and use the apply button at the bottom of the page. You can upload your CV and motivation letter at the bottom of the second page.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, our Recruitment team (Karin Raadschelders, Caroline van Oppen, Maaike Willems) can be reached via email@example.com or on +31(0)85 – 047 0244.
Acquisition by recruitment and selection agencies is not appreciated.