Citryll is a young and dynamic clinical stage therapeutic biotech company, located at the Pivot Park in Oss, The Netherlands. Citryll is taking a new approach to treat immune mediated inflammatory diseases including autoimmune diseases like Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), as well as skin and lung conditions. Citryll does this by specifically extinguishing the source of proinflammatory components, organ damaging components and autoantigens instead of broadly suppressing the acquired chronic inflammation.
Neutrophil extracellular traps (NETs) are part of the innate immune defense mechanisms but become pathogenic when their release is abundant and uncontrolled. Citryll’s lead anti-citrullinated histone antibody (ACHA) CIT-013 binds to N-terminal citrullinated epitopes on histones present in NETs, blocks NET formation, and promotes clearance of preformed NETs in tissues, all downstream of the protein citrullination pathway mediated by PAD enzymes. Inhibition of NET formation and accelerating clearance of preformed NETs reduces the exposure of autoantigens and toxic histones to the extracellular environment, leading to a decrease of proinflammatory mediators and protection of endothelial lining and organ tissue. CIT-013 is a human antibody and is currently being tested in the clinic for safety & tolerability, PK, and PD, and the first clinical data have been evaluated. One proof of concept phase 2a clinical study is scheduled to start early 2023 and a second one later in 2023.
In Oss, the birthplace of many blockbuster drugs including the most successful PD1 antagonist antibody, we conduct various
R&D elements of the CIT-013 program. This includes mechanism of action studies, research on new therapeutic use,
bioanalytical assay development, clinical sample testing and pharmacological studies on patient neutrophils and whole
You will work closely together with a small team of PhD scientists and (senior) research associates, and participate in:
• Development, optimization, and validation of cellular, immunological, and biological assays for (pre)clinical sample analysis.
• Pharmacological in vitro mode-of-action studies with Citryll’s therapeutic antibody in healthy volunteer and patient samples.
• Trouble shooting with respect to method development and initiation of improvements.
• Supporting general laboratory activities.
• Presentation of experimental results and writing of standard procedures (SOPs).
• Full-time positions only (40 hours per week).
Competencies, qualifications, and skills
• BSc (HBO) or MSc (WO) degree in life sciences or related discipline.
• 1-3 years of experience in a biotech or pharma company is preferred, but recent graduates are also encouraged to respond.
• Theoretical and practical experience with assay development of cellular and immunological techniques like ELISA, flow cytometry, and immunofluorescence microscopy.
• Experience with blood processing and mammalian cell culture.
• Familiar with data analysis software such as Excel, GraphPad Prism, and FlowJo.
• Proven excellent technical writing and oral communication skills in English.
• You are an accurate, flexible, quality-minded person that shows initiative and is able to work well in a team, as well as independently. You are goal oriented and result driven.
• You are or will be allowed to work in the EU.
• Applicants without a permit to work in the EU or NL will not be considered.
Please send your CV and a short motivation letter to Maarten van der Linden (email@example.com). Also, you can use this email address for informal enquiries about this vacancy before applying.
Please Note: Your personal information including your email address and CV will be kept on file during the hiring procedure but will be permanently deleted from our systems at the latest after 2 months of receiving it.
We will not consider recruitment agencies, please refrain from contacting us
through email, phone, WhatsApp or LinkedIn or any other means.