Start date: February 2022
FTE: 32 – 40 hours in the week
We are looking for a junior Python programmer who will strengthen our team and who is ready for inspiring projects in Life Sciences. With ‘we’ we mean the life science informatics companies Vivenics and TenWise, that are teaming up to jointly develop new products for the European Life Sciences industry and academia. These products support our clients in their data assisted drug discovery process.
An estimated 75% of your working hours you will spend on programming for data analysis in Python, evolving around TenWise’s biological knowledge database KMAP. The remaining part of your time will be spent on Vivenics’ Informatics Portal based on Dotmatics, in order to make the new KMAP based products easily available for Vivenics clients.
Your location options are: TenWise’s office in Leiden (Leiden Bio Science Park), Vivenics’s office in Oss (Pivot Park) or alternating between both locations. About 60% of your time you will be working from home.
– Bachelor degree: Bio-informatics, Informatics with affinity for biology or Biology with affinity for Informatics.
– Python programming skills
– Experience on UNIX command line. Preferably also: R and MySQL.
Your skills, experience and ambition:
– Analytical and eager to learn new skills and technologies
– Experience with processing large data sets
– Good in English, preferably also in Dutch
– An inspiring, entrepreneurial environment within Life Sciences.
– Opportunity to gain experience in data science and artificial intelligence within Life Sciences.
– A temporary contract (6 – 12 months) with the option to transfer into a permanent position at the end of this period.
– Fun activities we do with the whole team.
Vivenics boosts innovation and productivity in life sciences labs through data process optimisation and dedicated informatics solutions. Highly qualified experts, with roots in R&D, translate the demands of management and lab professionals into smart, affordable solutions. The company is based in Oss and works for clients in Northwestern Europe. www.vivenics.com
TenWise offers text mining solutions by providing access to its KMAP and performs dedicated multi-omics analyses for industry and academia in life sciences and food. The company is based in Leiden, the Netherlands and works for clients around the world. www.tenwise.nl
If you are interested in this position, please send in your letter and CV before December 15th to:
email@example.com or contact Petrik Cuijpers, +31 88 8483 100.