RiboPro is hiring several Hardware engineers to develop an innovative mRNA production and formulation system. This new-to-develop, fully-automated production system will be the next-level solution to producing mRNA-based vaccines and therapies, and is able to produce in times of emergency millions of doses in a matter of days. In non-emergency times, it will be used to produce new treatments for cancer, metabolic disease and many other diseases.
In this project, hardware and software will be developed side-by-side in rapid iterative cycles and close collaboration. The technical concepts are highly innovative and the freedom to experiment is extensive. This project is fully-funded for the next 2-3 years under the prestigious Wellcome Leap R3 program. Additional projects are available thereafter.
RiboPro produces custom-made, innovative (m)RNA-products for academic and industrial innovators, with the goal to together revolutionize medicine. mRNA is an emerging technology, that has recently proven itself in the context of (Corona)vaccination. In addition, mRNA has the potential to solve some of the greatest societal challenges related to medicine, sustainable food-production and the environment. RiboPro provides customers with high-quality, innovative mRNA products to address and solve these challenges with our highly knowledgeable, mission-driven (scientific) team.
We are looking for a success-oriented and highly motivated individual with several years of experience (PhD counts) in one or more of the following areas:
3. System/electric engineering
4. Biotechnological process engineering
and who enjoys making a worldwide impact with an exciting new technology. Entering a growing organization, you will be hands-on involved in the design and development of an innovative and sophisticated mRNA production and formulation system for GMP (good manufacturing practices) manufacturing of custom mRNA products. You will make novel cartridges and novel iterations of the operating system, perform experiments with those pilot devices and iterate towards a fully functional machine.
What is in it for you?
You get to work on a project that matters and have a high level of freedom in its execution. We offer a position with responsibility in a rapidly growing start-up in one of the hottest life science areas of the moment. Because of our open culture, you will have the opportunity to help shape our organisation. You will be part of a highly motivated team in a safe and supportive working environment that shares the vision that our (mRNA) products will change the world.
Who are we looking for?
Do you have experience in microfluidics, macrofluidics, system engineering, and/or biotechnological process engineering? Then we are looking for you. In addition, you recognize yourself in the following competences:
• You are a skilled engineer, up-to-date with the latest fabrication technologies
• You like to think in solutions and value collaboration with others
• You are result-driven
• You can play an active or supportive role within a team
• You are a strong communicator
• You are stress-resistant in busy periods.
• You do not need to know anything about mRNA; this is something you learn here.
In addition, you possess:
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
Compensation & conditions:
• The package is competitive including an attractive salary.
• Base salary: €3500-€4500.
• Available to work 40 hours per week. Flexible start/end-times.
• 25 days of holiday annually, 8% holiday pay.
• Flexible working hours.
• Travel reimbursements (public transport, or 19t p.k, max, 75 km per day)
• Working on location in Oss, Brabant, the Netherlands. Possibility to work from home.
• Active contribution by RiboPro to increase your market-value (e.g. trainings, opportunities to develop managerial qualities, etc.).
As soon as possible. The project is starting and we like to fulfill this vacancies as soon as possible.
Apply today and send your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. At this email address you can also ask questions. Don’t wait any longer and contact us!