Ardena is a leading contract development organization for the pharmaceutical industry. We assist pharmaceutical companies, from virtual biotech to big pharma, in bringing their valued molecule(s) to the clinic and market. We provide a comprehensive and integrated portfolio of drug substance and drug product development, manufacturing, logistics and bioanalytical services.
Ardena is a rapidly growing international orientated organization with a dedicated team of over 500 professionals operating from 6 sites in Belgium, The Netherlands, Sweden, Latvia and Spain. Ardena has an open and transparent culture: team-spirit, an open mindset and ownership are important values in our company.
We are a dynamic drug developer offering exciting career opportunities to skilled and motivated people who want to work in a fast-growing market within the global pharmaceutical industry. Do you want to work in a challenging contract research and development environment, where experts come together to develop innovative drugs for unmet medical needs? Do you want to further develop Ardena and grow with us by becoming our next colleague? Then we might have the right opportunity for you.
For the Ardena Business Unit based in Oss, we are looking for a
Group Lead Analytical Sciences (Senior Scientist)
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
You will lead a team of analytical scientists for the analytical development of nanomaterials for pharmaceutical applications. Besides people management, the Team Lead is responsible for the preparation, coordination and planning of analytical activities.
You act as a people manager for your analytical team members and as such manage the resource allocation. Together with other Group Leads, Project Managers and Group Leads PR&D, you arrange the planning of analytical activities and equipment.
You will work independently and in teams. As Group Lead, you will be responsible for all analytical activities related to your teams projects.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be responsible for the leading, guidance and development of a group of analytical scientists;
- You will take up the roll of line manager of a team of analytical scientists within the Nanomedicines Business Unit;
- You will contribute to the scientific level of the analytical sciences team (e.g., introduce new characterization techniques);
- You maintain contact with process chemistry project leads, customers and report about the status and progress of projects;
- You supervise and coach other (associate) scientists;
- You apply your high level of scientific, technical, and organizational skills;
- You keep yourself up to date with the latest developments and insights;
- You will report to the Director Analytical Sciences Nanomedicines;
- You keep yourself up to date with the latest developments and insights.
YOUR PROFILE LOOKS LIKE/ RESEMBLES
- You have a Msc or PhD degree in research evolving around the synthesis and/or characterization of (nano)materials and strong affinity with analytical techniques;
- You have extensive experience with analytical development and cGMP in a pharmaceutical environment, preferably in a leading role;
- You are familiar with early phase GMP, quality and regulatory standards that are applicable for analytical activities. Knowledge of late phase and/or commercial manufacturing is greatly appreciated;
- You are perceived by others as expert of sizing techniques (DLS, SLS), microscopy (SEM/TEM), or separation sciences (LC, GPC, AF4) (include expertise level in your motivation letter);
- You are more interested in characterization of nanomaterials than in making them;
- You are able to translate characterization challenges of complex matrices into analytical solutions;
- You like to share and transfer your knowledge;
- You feel comfortable in a dynamic and changing environment;
- You like to learn and develop yourself;
- You are flexible, a problem solver and a team player;
- You have an analytical mindset and you are stress resistant;
- You have good communication skills and are fluent in English (written as well as spoken).
WHAT WE OFFER
- A true learning environment where you will have the ability to grow your skills
- A rapidly developing and growing international company with an attractive services, product and customer portfolio
- A dynamic working environment with nice colleagues
- Open straightforward but also caring culture
- We are true to our values
- An attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days holiday a year
- Fruit & Fitness possibilities
Ready to apply? Please click on the application button on the website of Ardena.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in the European Union) will not be given a status update. Agency calls will not be appreciated.