Global Business Development Director
Challenging Management Team role within an international and fast-growing organisation
• challenging international business management position
• ability to explore the market and seize the opportunities
• international traveling required
• member of the Management Team of the organisation
The purpose of this position is to develop and implement an international growth strategy for the organisation. Based on facts, data, and analyses, you formulate a strategic plan in which you are not only responsible for the drafting, but also for implementation. As Global Business Development Director you will segment the market and focus in particular on the opportunities offered by Asia (Japan) and the United States. Furthermore, you will become responsible for sales and marketing and will also conduct a competitive analysis to identify the (EU, Asia, and U.S.) market and therefore the opportunities. In this position you have a close cooperation with the Business Development Manager who will focus on Europe. The aim is to add and acquire new customers who will use the services of Pivot Park Screening Centre.
In this position you will be expected, apart from the Covid-19 measurements, to be mostly abroad to engage in a dialogue with the target group (40% -60% traveling). The ideal candidate enjoys and is experienced in entering and developing relationships abroad. You will become commercial sparring partner for the client and its own organisation and also strong in terms of content. Keeping in touch with the Pivot Park Screening Centre and involving its Project Managers in your plans and results are crucial. Together you will come to a planning, objectives are formulated, and a budget plan is drawn up.
• university degree or higher with a preference for a Phd, Pharmacy, Biology or chemical background
• a minimum of 7 years of experience within an international sales position
• knowledge of, affinity with, and understanding of the pharmaceutical R&D field
• a network in the Asian or American pharmaceutical market is recommended
• demonstratable acquisition results, excellent negotiation skills, data-driven and market-oriented
• strong conceptual capacity to translate organizational developments into commercial results
Our client, Pivot Park Screening Centre, is an organisation specialized in the scientific research. They provide highly regarded screening assessments and research programs. Their long-standing experience in an early drug discovery and state-of-art High Troughput Screening infrastructure provides their partners with the best confirmed leads. The High Troughput Screening (HTS) is a widely applied approach to find starting points for the development of new medicines. The organisation is continuously expending their knowledge and experiences, which benefit both the scientific community as well as their partners. The organisation is growing fast and to reach their future goals, they are searching for someone who can utilize the international opportunities within Asia and the United States.
Interested? Please send your resume and motivational letter by e-mail, with reference to WS/21-052-DD, to Tim van Loon: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, please call Tim van Loon at number +31 (0)33 472 80 87.
An individual assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
Our client has chosen Derks & Derks B.V. as recruitment agency for this assignment. We request therefore to send any application or other response to Derks & Derks.