Ardena is a contract development and manufacturing organization for the pharmaceutical industry. We assist pharmaceutical companies, from virtual biotech to big pharma, in bringing their valued molecule(s) to the clinic and market. We provide a comprehensive and integrated portfolio of services spanning from drug substance, drug product, and bioanalytical services through to regulatory dossier development.
Process and analytical R&D and commercialization of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API’s) is one of the core competences of Ardena. With a long history in scale-up of small molecule API’s and our state-of-the art production facility at our location in Oss, we support pharma companies that develop New Chemical Entities (NCE). To strengthen our position and to further grow our API business, Ardena is currently making a 15 Mio € investment in a new plant at its Oss site in The Netherlands.
All API activities of Ardena at the Oss site will be pooled in a new business unit, called BU API-NL. To manage the Department of Analytical Sciences of this strong team, we’re looking for a Director Analytical Sciences API-NL. The Business Unit currently comprises approximately 60 FTE and is growing fast.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director Analytical Sciences API-NL is accountable for the performance of the Department of Analytical Sciences. You manage the capacity and growth of your department in terms of people, equipment, quality, science and facilities.
You go for optimal capacity utilization, striking a balance between current and projected workload. You’ll provide the circumstances for your team to execute the projects timely and within budget. Overall, you’re a people manager. You lead by example, and you provide assistance to your team. You enable and facilitate the professional development of your team members.
You will report to the Business Unit Director (BUD) API-NL. Together with the Director Process R&D API-NL and the BUD API-NL, you form the management team of the business unit API-NL.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- You’re responsible for the scientific quality of your department for the nanomedicines-projects. You make sure the know-how of your team is and remains up to date. You identify training needs and ensure proper training. You support your people in technically challenging discussions and discussions with customer where necessary.
- You balance and optimize capacity utilization in terms of people, equipment and infrastructure.
- You’ll assist the BUD to establish and monitor Key Performance Indicators and take appropriate action to ensure commercial, operational and financial performance goals of the business unit are achieved.
- You supervise, coach, and structure your operational teams and working processes to ensure excellent performance of your department.
- You’re responsible for efficient customer project execution and daily customer relationship. You make sure your team stays project and customer focused.
- You’re a people manager. You create a harmonious working environment by streamlining all activities, encouraging teamwork and promoting effective communication.
- You’re responsible for the quality system and GMP and HSE compliance of your department. You make sure the know-how and expertise for these areas are and remain up to date.
- You align with analytical departments of other divisions and business units in the Ardena group and strive for synergy, cross-selling, and collaboration with peer colleagues.
- You have a PhD degree in Chemistry or Molecular Life Sciences. Experience in the analytical chemistry, molecular characterization or material sciences is a must.
- You have at least 4-6 years of pharma working experience in a leadership role.
- You’re an expert in the development of API’s and you understand the challenges and risks in early-phase development projects from pre-clinical to phase I/II/III. You’re familiar with early phase GMP, quality and regulatory standards.
- You are a manager with strong technical and managerial skills that possesses the financial skills to keep your department within the financial expectations
- You are a solid communicator with outstanding persuasion skills, ready to face up to challenges and to solve complex problems.
- You are a people manager able to lead and motivate a sophisticated technical team using your expertise and persuasion.
- You feel comfortable in a dynamic and changing environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A true learning environment where you will have the ability to grow your skills
- A rapidly developing and growing international company with an attractive services, product and customer portfolio
- A dynamic working environment with nice colleagues
- Open straightforward but also caring culture
- We are true to our values
- An attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days holiday a year
- Fruit & Fitness possibilities
Ready to apply? Click here to go to the website of Ardena.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in the European Union) will not be given a status update. Agency calls will not be appreciated.