Ardena is a leading contract development organization for the pharmaceutical industry. We assist pharmaceutical companies, from virtual biotech to big pharma, in bringing their valued molecule(s) to the clinic and market. We provide a comprehensive and integrated portfolio of drug substance and drug product development, manufacturing, logistics and bioanalytical services.
Ardena is a rapidly growing international orientated organization with a dedicated team of over 500 professionals operating from 7 sites in Belgium, The Netherlands, Sweden, Latvia and Spain. Ardena has an open and transparent culture: team-spirit, an open mindset and ownership are important values in our company.
We are a dynamic drug developer offering exciting career opportunities to skilled and motivated people who want to work in a fast-growing market within the global pharmaceutical industry. Do you want to work in a challenging contract research and development environment, where experts come together to develop innovative drugs for unmet medical needs? Do you want to further develop Ardena and grow with us by becoming our next colleague? Then we might have the right opportunity for you.
For the Ardena Business Unit based in Oss part of the Ardena Chemical Division for Drug Development, we are looking for a Business Development Director
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
You will closely work together with other Business Development directors and Technical Sales and Project Managers within the Division and you will be part of a larger International Sales and Marketing community of Ardena, you will work cross department, cross border and most importantly maintain external relations with customers and future prospects.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibility for developing new business opportunities with prospective clients and existing accounts in the area of API’s.
- Drafting documents and information in response to requests for proposals (RFP’s)
- Focus on promoting, positioning, cross-selling the Ardena services across emerging biotech and biopharmaceutical industries.
- Steer planning and implementation of business growth initiatives.
- Support marketing activities to promote Ardena services offer.
- Actively participate in relevant international conferences and trade events.
- Leverage existing industry network and further develop network.
- Connect colleagues across Ardena’s Business Units and support Business Units preparing documents and information for requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Conduct market research to identify developments/changes in industry trends in order to adapt Ardena services offer to changing circumstances.
- Recommend strategies to expand market reach and to improve customer satisfaction.
- Manage and steer business development activities in function of Ardena KPIs
- You keep yourself up to date with the latest developments and insights
- You will report to the Head of Sales of the Chem Division
YOUR PROFILE LOOKS LIKE/ RESEMBLES
- You have a Phd degree in Organic Chemistry or Molecular Life Sciences, with experience in synthesis and scale-up and commercialization of fine chemical processes
- You have 5+ relevant Technical sales experience years, in a Pharma, Drug development or Chemistry organization
- You have experience project management experience
- You feel comfortable in a dynamic and changing environment
- You like to learn and develop yourself
- You are flexible, a problem solver and a team player
- You have an analytical mindset and you are stress resistant
- You have good communication skills and are fluent in both Dutch & English (written as well as spoken)
- You are flexible to travel
- We love creative thinking and pro-activeness
WHAT WE OFFER
- A true learning environment where you will have the ability to grow your skills
- A rapidly developing and growing international company with an attractive services, product and customer portfolio
- A dynamic working environment with nice colleagues
- Open straightforward but also caring culture
- We are true to our values
- An attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days holiday a year
- Fruit & Fitness possibilities
Ready to apply? Click here to go to the website of Ardena.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in the European Union) will not be given a status update. Agency calls will not be appreciated.