Ardena is a leading contract development organization for the pharmaceutical industry. We assist pharmaceutical companies, from virtual biotech to big pharma, in bringing their valued molecule(s) to the clinic and market. We provide a comprehensive and integrated portfolio of drug substance and drug product development services. We strongly believe that our multidisciplinary approach can accelerate the drug development and approval process. By seamlessly integrating our services, we’re able to better mitigate development risks and ultimately reduce time-to clinic.
Ardena is a rapidly growing international orientated organization in the industry, with 6 company sites in 4 countries. (Belgium, the Netherlands, Latvia and Sweden). In the past 3 years we have taken over several other organizations which are complementary to each other and created One Ardena Group. We currently have 300 people working for us and an annual revenue of 44 million euro (2020) and have realized an average growth of 15% on annual basis over the past 3 years and we have the ambition to continue this growth.
The Ardena site in Oss, The Netherlands, is specialized in chemical process and analytical development and cGMP manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and nanomedicines.
For the Ardena Business Unit based in Oss, we have several open positions where we are looking for an
Associate Scientist Analytical Chemistry
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
Analysis on behalf of development of new pharmaceutical product (API and Nano-medicines) in all phases of pharmaceutical development.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- You develop and validate (or assist with) chromatographic methods (sometimes with complex sample pre-treatments)
- You apply chromatography methods in development projects, e.g. for stability studies, release analyses, and process chemistry support
- You take up responsibility to run a smooth lab e.g. the management of lab spaces, equipment of materials.
- You prepare reports containing analytical results (e.g. stability and validation reports)
- You extend you knowledge
- You keep yourself up to date with the latest developments and insights
- You will report to a group lead
YOUR PROFILE LOOKS LIKE/RESEMBLES
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in analytical chemistry
- You have at least 2 years relevant experience.
- You feel comfortable in a dynamic and changing environment
- You have a hands-on mentality
- You like to learn and develop yourself
- You are flexible, a problem solver and a team player
- You have an analytical mindset and you are stress resistant
- You have good communication skills and are fluent in both Dutch & English (written as well as spoken)
- You have proven knowledge of chromatography techniques (HPLC, GPC or GC). Please include expertise level in your motivation letter
- You have a good understanding of chemical structures and physical properties of materials that you are able to apply in development in sample pre-treatments
- Knowledge on cGMP and ICH guidelines are considered an advantage
- We love creative thinking and pro-activeness
WHAT WE OFFER
- A true learning environment where you will have the ability to grow your skills
- A rapidly developing and growing international company with an attractive services, product and customer portfolio
- A dynamic working environment with nice colleagues
- Open straightforward but also caring culture
- We are true to our values
- An attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days holiday a year
- Fruit & Fitness possibilities
Ready to apply? Please click on the application button
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, professionals not entitled to work in the European Union will not be given a status update. Agency calls will not be appreciated.